Need Working Papers??
Virtual Working Papers
The School District of Philadelphia has created a process that will allow minors to apply for their Working Papers online and meet virtually by appointment. They will download and complete an online application, Parent/Guardian signs application, emails application, and virtually meets Working Papers Issuer via Google Meet, upon which the completed Working Paper Blue Card will be mailed to your home address. Appointments are to be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis now through to the end of August, 2020.
How to Apply for your Working Papers via Virtual Appointment
1. Complete the Work Permit Application. There are two sections to the Work Permit Application (Sections A & B) – BOTH SECTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED. Important: You must send a Completed and Signed Work Permit Application in order for an issuing officer to contact you to schedule an appointment.
Please carefully follow these steps on how to complete the Work Permit Application:
* You will need Adobe Acrobat to open the file. If you cannot open the application, you will need to make an “in-person appointment” Click here to make an In-Person Appointment
* You will need to save the application on to your computer before completing.
Section A of the Application: The following parts of Section A must be completed:
o NAME: Full Name of Applicant (Minor) – First and Last Name
o Sex/Gender, Hair Color, and Eye Color
o Physical Work Restrictions (if applicable) – If none, enter N/A
o Place of Residence – Applicant Home Address with ZIP Code
o Place of Birth – City & State OR Country
o Date of Birth
Part B of the Application: Parent/Guardian Completes Section B:
o Parent/Guardian must sign the application in the “Signature of Parent/Guardian or Legal Custodian” box, located at the bottom of the application
Note: There are many types of electronic signature apps and software, and we will accept all methods, as long as the Work Permit application is completed and Electronically Signed by the Parent/Guardian.
If your parent/guardian cannot sign electronically, Click here for another option.
2. After application is completed, signed by your parent, and saved to your computer, you will need to email the completed application to your WP Issuing Officer as an attachment to: email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: When you email the application, you should receive an email confirmation. If not, you did not send from your email address. Applications must be sent from your own email address. The issuing officer will reply to that email address to schedule your appointment. Any applications that are not sent from an individual’s email address cannot be processed, (i.e., email directly from Adobe).
3. After successful receipt and review of your application (confirming all lines are completed and signed by parent/Guardian), you will receive a Google Meet invite by email. When received, click “Accept” to confirm the Google Meet Appointment. Your virtual meeting will now be scheduled. Please be sure to check your email regularly to confirm your Google appointment. Make a note of your appointment date and time.
* Virtual Meetings are most likely to be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 10:00am to 2:00pm. On average your meeting should last no more than 15 minutes. Your meeting will be set at the next available slot via Google Meet.
** If you cannot make your requested appointment time, you can decline and respond with a later date and time that you are available within the hours listed above.
4. A few minutes before the date and time of your virtual appointment, you will need to access your appointment request that was emailed to you by opening the original email or accessing your Google calendar. Click link under Join with Google Meet “meet.google.com/key code.”
5. During your Google Meeting you will be required to present a proof of age document.
* Acceptable documents include birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, driver’s license, or school ID as long as the form of identification lists the date of birth.
** The minor must be present for the issuance of working papers.
6. Upon visual verification of your age and receipt of your completed and signed application, you will receive your Blue Working Paper card via USPS Mail.
* Please allow 1 to 2 weeks to receive your Working Permit by mail.
If you are having trouble and cannot email the application, you will have to make an In-Person appointment. Click here to make an In-Person Appointment.